Lead Visitor Assistant
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||In addition to performing all normal Visitor Assistant duties, oversees all main building Visitor Assistants in the performance of their duties.|
|Duties:||* Demonstrates consistently high standards of interaction with visitors and fellow staff members by providing first-class customer service. Leads by example.|
* Calmly, courteously, and professionally respond to visitor concerns and complaints and take actions to help resolve them or to refer them to Supervisors as needed.
* Assumes the leadership role in training and monitoring main building Visitor Assistants in the performance of their duties. Reinforces department policy and procedures and reports any staffing issues to the supervisor on duty.
* In concert with the supervisor on duty, prepares and makes changes to daily schedule of Visitor Assistant duties and positions.
* Cross-train in Information and Membership services. Assist in managing and facilitating the cross-training of Visitor Assistants and Information/Membership Assistants in all areas of the department.
* Facilitates the training and monitoring of the teens and interns in our department by coaching and cultivating teen-mentors to assist in their development.
* Responsible for receiving daily report on electronic exhibits, troubleshooting exhibit interactives and corresponding with appropriate Aquarium staff to resolve technical problems in the galleries.
* Answers questions about the Aquarium, memberships, animals and exhibits, programs, and the surrounding area, including general tourist information.
* Work with the department Supervisors and other staff to manage group greeting.
* Responsible for the safety and comfort of all guests visiting the New England Aquarium.
* Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
|Qualifications:||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:|
Minimum Training and Experience
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 1½ years of job-related experience.
* Some college preferred.
* First aid and CPR certification recommended.
* Strong communication skills.
* Customer service experience.
* Cashier experience desired.
* Supervisory experience.
* Comfortable in a fast paced, crowded environment.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.